How it work
This article goes through the steps to connect ALGOGENE with your OANDA trading account (either demo account or real trading account). The overall workflow is summarized in this diagram.
Who is OANDA?
OANDA Corporation is one of the biggest FX broker in the world providing trading services on FX currency pairs, Commodity, and Equity Indices CFD.
Open Account from OANDA
Create a new trading account from OANDA
Submit relevant documents for identity verification.
Submit application and wait for OANDA’s approval (should take 1-2 days)
For real trading, register the bank account number that you will make deposit to OANDA
- Login OANDA portal
Click Add Sub-Account
Click 'Bank Accounts', then '+ Add Bank Account'
Create and Activate Trading Account from OANDA
Login OANDA portal, click Add Sub-Account
Click “+ Add New Sub-Account”
- Check “v20 MetaTrader 4”
- Check "Enable hedging on this account"
- Select Pricing Type = “MT4”
- Set MT4 password
- Choose desired account Currency, and Leverage
- Click “Save”
Record down the account number and connection
- Click “Deposit” to indicate the amount/ currency to be deposited to the trading sub-account
- Make deposit and transfer from your bank, cap screen and upload to OANDA as reference
- Wait for OANDA to verify the acceptance of fund (should take 1-2 days)
Generate API Key from OANDA
Login OANDA portal, Click “Manage API Access”
Click “Generate”, then record down the API key
Config on ALGOGENE
Follow 3 simple steps below, you will then be able to deploy and trade your Algo with OANDA.
- Login ALGOGENE portal
- Go to 'Settings' page
- Update the connection settings accordingly
Happy Trading! :)