How it work
As an introducing broker with Tickmill, users can now trade with Tickmill accounts using ALGOGENE dedicated trading gateway!
Create trading accounts with our unique IB Code IB68203578, you will be entitled to 3-month free credits on ALGOGENE!
This article goes through the steps to connect ALGOGENE with your Tickmill trading account (either demo account or real trading account). The overall workflow is summarized in this diagram.
Who is Tickmill?
Tickmill (https://www.tickmill.com/) is a securities brokerage firm headquartered in UK. It provides brokerage services mainly for FX, precious metals and Equity Indice CFDs.
Client Onboarding on Tickmill
- Sign up on Tickmill website (https://secure.tickmill.com/users/register)
Follow the instruction to verify your email/mobile
Create trading account
- Login Tickmill from https://secure.tickmill.com/users/login
- Go to "Trading Accounts", click "+ OPEN NEW ACCOUNT"
- "IB Select" chooses "New Introducing Broker"
- "IB Code" enters IB68203578
- "Platforms" chooses "MT5"
- For "Account Type", please refer to https://www.tickmill.com/trading/accounts-overview for your preference
Get Trading Account Connection Info
- After "CREATE" account from previous step, you will receive an email from Tickmill.
- Get the following:
- Account Number
- Trading Password
Config on ALGOGENE
- Login ALGOGENE portal
- Go to 'Settings' page
- Select an ALGOGENE live-test or real-trade account depending on your case
- Choose "Tickmill" in broker dropdown
- Update the connection settings as follows:
- "Account Number" -> User Name
- "Trading Password" -> Password
- "Server" -> MT5 Server
After successful connection from above, you are now ready to deploy and trade an Algo with Tickmill.
1. Deploy from a DIY script
- Under ALGOGENE 'settings', choose your Tickmill linked account
- deploy any one of your backtested script
2. Deploy from algo marketplace subscription
- Explore available trading bots from ALGOGENE Marketplace
- Choose a desired trading bot, click "SUBSCRIBE"
- Select your desired "Run Mode" and "Account", then click "SUBMIT"
Happy Trading! :)