How it work
In connection with Interactive Brokers, users can now trade with IB accounts using ALGOGENE dedicated trading gateway!
This article goes through the steps to connect ALGOGENE with your Interactive Brokers (IB) trading account (either demo account or real trading account). The overall workflow is summarized in this diagram.
Who is IB?
Interactive Brokers LLC (IB) is a brokerage firm headquartered in the United States, with 40+ years history. It operates the largest electronic trading platform in the U.S. by number of daily average revenue trades. The company brokers stocks, options, futures, futures options, forex, bonds, and funds. It is a current NASDAQ listed company (symbol: IBKR) and a composite of S&P 400 Component, with global operations in 14 countries.
Create a separate user on IB
In case you do not have an IB account, you can firstly open one from Interactive Brokers Official Website.
By creating a separate user login, it does not only allows you to have simultaneous access to your trading account from different devices or applications, it also enables you to assign different data access rights for different users.
- Login IB portal, click "Manage Account" under settings
- Under "Users & Access Rights", click "Configure"
- Add new user
- Create new user's credentials
- Enable data access for the new user
Authenticate with ALGOGENE
- login ALGOGENE portal
- Under [Settings], go to [Live Demo] or [Real Trade] depending on your case
- choose a desired ALGOGENE account for connection configuration
- select "Interactive Brokers" in the available broker list
- You will then be redirected to IB's login panel
- If you are linking with an ALGOGENE Real Trade account, login with "Live", otherwise login with "Paper".
- Then, you will be asked to electronically sign to autheticate the connection
- After that, you will be redirected back to ALGOGENE, and you account is ready to trade!
Happy Trading! :)