How it work
What is OTP Authenticator?
OTP Authenticator is a dynamic password generator for time-based one-time password (OTP). Its working principle is similar to SMS dynamic verification. After binding, a dynamic verification code is generated every 60 seconds. The verification code can be used for security verification of operations such as login, withdrawal, and modification of account settings.
Where to download?
There are various applications available in the market, including:
- Google Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Azure Multi-Factor Authentication
- Ping Identity
- Duo Security
In this article, we will walk through the procedure using Google Authenticator. If you choose to use other OTP Authenticators, a similar procedure can be done as follows.
In your mobile, search for "Google Authentication" to download and install.
- Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator2&hl=en_US&gl=US)
- App Store (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-authenticator/id388497605)
How to bind with ALGOGENE?
- Login ALGOGENE portal
- Go to [Settings] > [User Profile]
- Click "Set" OTP Authenticator
- You will get a QR code like this:
- Now, go to your mobile, open the "Google Authenticator" app, click "+" to add new binding app
- You can either scan the QR above or enter the setup key.
- After successful setup, your mobile app will see the linked ALGOGENE account. The token will be refreshed every 60 seconds.
- Copy the token and confirm the verification on ALGOGENE.
Great! You now added a higher security level to your ALGOGENE account!